Monday, April 7, 2008

Voices Of American Citizens...

I (We) want to say Thank You all for your support in our efforts to get our government to listen to the will, and needs, of the American people. This is an issue that effects all of us, professional drivers and American citizens. Following is a few of the hundreds of emails y'all have been sending in...

(You have my support)
I am 1000% in support of any action the truckers take. I am a school teacher and commute on the Mass Pike 50 miles each way. The gas prices are killing me. I do not know how the truckers are surviving!!

I have been protesting the war since before it started.
Fighting to keep the constitution viable.
Working to get Bush et al impeached.
And now ready to help fight the oil company's monopoly and greed...along with the rest of the military industrial complex.

Keep up the great work to get our nation back to the people.

Linda Shapanka

(Message of support)
Dear American Driver,

I’m not a truck driver, but I’ve always had a sort of native respect for truck drivers – maybe because of times spent driving straight through to Florida from Michigan when I was growing up. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I support what you are doing with regard to trying to get the government to listen to truckers’ situations.

I’m guessing that a lot of other people support you too, and that we won’t mind too much being slowed down for a while, if it gets the government to readjust their priorities from rich oil company execs to everyday people.

Good luck,
Craig Greenman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Humanities
Department of Humanities
Colby-Sawyer College


(SUPPORTING THE TRUCKERS!!!)
May God bless each and every one of the Independent Truckers who have decided to take this stand against the government and the oil companies. There is a lot to be said for people who do the right thing!!! AND WE ARE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!!!!! Keeping you in thought and prayer.

My dad was an independent trucker for most of his life and participated in a few strikes himself. He is no longer with us now, but as the daughter of a Independent Trucker, my heart will always be with you.

Your friend,
Ann-Marie

(Rise of the silver surfer, the righteous one) {easy now...(ss)}
Time to rise up americans!!!!

Time to show the world that we, the people, still rule our destiny. Time to show the ones that abused our system for too long, the financial and corporate speculators and profiteers, that enough is enough and we are reclaiming our GOD given rights of a decent life.

Please, shut down the country for a week, as a first example. Do not use your trucks to deliver anything and drive toward Washington DC. We, the people are behind you and you got the power to be effective for us all.

Thank you to consider,
Jerome.


Once again...We thank each and everyone of you. The more we hear from you out there, the more impowered we feel in this endeavor. It won't be an easy battle, but it is one we feel can be won. The injustice and wrongs being done to the professional driver must come to an end. And the ignoring of the American people's will, and needs, by our government must cease. We're all not asking for hand-outs or freebees...we're just asking for a little help and protection.

Safe Trails and God Bless,

www.theamericandriver.com/files/TruckersAndCitizensUnited.html

2 comments:

Jeffersonian Intentions said...

Linda says it all. THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU! We need to take our country back! No amount of protests have worked because the news media won't publish. Now, this will get America's attention. A real Wake Up America! Look at what is happening to our country, our rights, our economy, our people! I have been searching for a way to get millions and millions of people to get off their couches from in front of the entertainment tube and wake up. Here we have it. This, what you are doing, will WAKE UP AMERICA! This is it. We are behind you all the way.

Sharen Hodgdon

«—U®Anu§—» said...

I was forcibly retired from driving in 2002 by an employer that used me as slave labor then slaughtered my DAC report. After two decades of uniformly bad treatment by truck companies, I was probably more happy than anything, in spite of the fact I lost my home and almost starved. I admire what you're doing, and always knew it was necessary. It's too bad it's come to this. My best wishes to all the brave, sacrificing men and women moving America's freight. You're the best people on earth.

I have a two-part blog post I'd like you and all independent drivers to see. Think long and hard about it, too! Did you know we haven't needed gas or diesel engines, the grid, natural gas, fuel oil, uranium or coal since 1893? That's 115 years. Who really runs the world? I have lots of time to think about such things, since I'm not going back out even if I could. See here and here.

It won't be easy, but we can beat this. Their markets have to disappear.